I have created a classroom curriculum page utilizing Weebly. There is page for each of the possible units the kiddos will cover over the school year. Each page includes links via Symbaloo, iPad suggested applications, and ideas as to what the children may choose to do when studying the unit.
First, I want to share a few key points about me and how the classroom I work in operates. There are some central beliefs, as I don't want my goals to be misinterpreted.
- Students in the classroom are their first teacher, the teacher is actually a guide
- Although I lay out a 'plan' of units, they are open to change as students' interests change
- Nothing can replace solid, hands-on, real-world experiences
- Technology is a tool and not the only means to an effective education (although it is wonderful)
- I plan on integrating project-based learning topics this year, although it is not included on the site (yet)
Please check over the site and offer any suggestions. I will be adding PBL ideas as the year progresses, as well as more sites on Symbaloo and iPad applications. This is just a start; a work in progress.
The Symbaloo pages I have created are all linked within the Weebly site, however here is a direct link if you are interested.
Thanks in advance for any assistance and enjoy the remaining days of Summer!